

Nicholas was very excited as he worked on his Home School. He said everything looked bigger. He has been so darling with them and I know it sounds silly but it seems like a different side of his personality is coming out. He has always been witty but with his glasses he has new material and new little funny faces to make. He tells me he looks like a scientist and now he is extra smart.
I have to admit, even though I don't really understand why... but I have been quite emotional about the whole thing. Please forgive me because I know it is silly but I still want to share... first it upset me because his eyes were no longer "healthy" on their own... I am oh, so grateful that with the help of his glasses the Dr said his lazy eye should become strong again. I guess when your child's health is anything but perfect it is a little scary. Second, it is humbling because once again I am reminded just how blessed I am that my children are so healthy and I thank Jesus for watching over them and keeping them so.
Lastly, his peepers are so beautiful, they are such a rich, dark chocolate brown that they are almost black and they have a twinkle in them... When I look at him now he is so handsome, but he for some reason looks more vulnerable. I know I am crazy... but he is just so sweet and it hurts my heart to think he could ever be hurt in any way. I am a She Bear with Rabies when it comes to My Cubs. lol So, thank you for listening to me ramble... look at my handsome baby boy. Doesn't he just melt your heart?

26 comments:
very handsome!!!!!
He is very handsome! It's an adjustment. He sound like he is so happy that he can see clearly. I think the glasses are very cute.
Well, glasses definitely look smashing on him :D LiLi gets he glasses next month!
We had such a wonderful time this weekend! I think that I am going to take a day this fall and come visit you, I always feel so rushed :D Miss Hannah is too cute! I can't wait for you to post picture ~ I lost all my pictures from Saturday night and Sunday :-( I am so, so disappointed, I had done a couple of Nick and LiLi and was going to have copies made and send it to him! I thought he'd love to get mail from LiLi!
Dang, dude! You look a lot better than I did when I got my first pair of specs - I should have had you around when I made my choice - you look like you know what's goin' on - I looked like a geek! Well, come to think of it ..... never mind. You look great, dude!
Oh, he is so handsome! From a Mama's point of view, it is something to wrap yourself around, but he looks simply fabulous and will be so happy with his new and improved view! Thanks, as always for sharing.
Heather
Thank you Debbie, it was so wonderful to see you again. I would love to see you in the fall. Now I have something to look forward to. Woohoo!
I can't believe you lost your pictures. That is so sad! What is going on with your camera. That's twice now. Nicholas would have gotten a kick out of mail from Lili!
he looks wonderful, he made such a good choice.
oh I know how you feel, just like my post about Chloe and the dentist stuff.
I know several children that have had the lazy eye diagnosis and the glasses truly do work a miracle and strengthen the eye.
I am glad he hs been looking forward to doing is work. Such a sweet boy...
hugs
No worries, mom, he'll be fine. He looks damn handsome in those spectacles if I don't say so myself. Soon he'll have to swat off the girls!
He looks so handsome with his new glasses on!
He is "splendidly" handsome with or without his glasses and his joyful personality really shines through.
Love,
Kim
oh my he is so gorgeous (ooooh is that an inappropriate thing to say about a little boy?) and grown up looking! What a smile he has! He cerainly looks adorable in those glasses and did a great job picking frames. I remember the first frames I picked and looking back they were pretty awful. Wish I'd had someone like him (with fashion sense) to help me out. I know it's hard to see your baby growing up and I understand your feelings when you see him and it takes your breath away at how fast he's growing. I have those same feelings with my sons.
Oh, sweetie. Take it from me who started wearing glasses in the 4th grade. He looks so darn handsome. He has movie star good looks. Don't worry doll face. It will be ok.
What a handsome boy! I really should get my boys eyes tested. I think there hearing needs tested, but that could be 'selective hearing'!
Love the new glasses. I just got new glasses recently too.
He looks great - so handsome!!!
awww I think he is so very handsome. I found your blog off of Mommy24treasures & have been reading it for a while tonight. Very precious! I remember when I first got glasses. I was in the 4th grade & was amazed at how clear everything became. I came out of the Dr. saying "Mom...wow I can see all the way over there!!"
I know what you mean about not wanting them to be hurt in any way. In China, My Lilly was diagnosed to be blind....she is not...it is very apparent that she can see quite well...but I will feel much better after our apmt Sep. 17th.
Great post & wonderful blog!
Kim
www.journeytolilly@blogspot.com
awww I think he is so very handsome. I found your blog off of Mommy24treasures & have been reading it for a while tonight. Very precious! I remember when I first got glasses. I was in the 4th grade & was amazed at how clear everything became. I came out of the Dr. saying "Mom...wow I can see all the way over there!!"
I know what you mean about not wanting them to be hurt in any way. In China, My Lilly was diagnosed to be blind....she is not...it is very apparent that she can see quite well...but I will feel much better after our apmt Sep. 17th.
Great post & wonderful blog!
Kim
www.journeytolilly@blogspot.com
He looks very handsome in his glasses! My son has problems with his eyes that glasses can't correct. I can truly understand the feelings that you are having. It sounds like he had a very positive attitude about wearing them.
What a hadnsome young man....stop on by...I've given you an award!
I just love you guys...... thank you all for your sweet words about my precious son and for all of your encouragement and for just being wonderful.
God bless you!
Daleea
He is a very handsome boy. I love the glasses he picked out for himself.
Lisa
I get what you're saying.
You're a momma and you want your baby to be well and healthy and strong.
I would feel the same way I'm sure.
though my DH beautiful billant blue eyes are nearly blind without his glasses/contacts. Your boy will do great, and he looks handsome with them too.
He is very handsome and looks sophisticated! I can understand the emotions you have. My daughter has to wear glasses and has a lazy eye. I do want to caution you to research it. My daughter wears a patch over the good eye everyday to make the other eye stronger. Most of the time glasses in itself is not enough to strengthen the lazy eye. But most eye doctors arent educated in detail to deal with lazy eye properly. My daughter does "vision therapy" to help strengthen her eye. She has done it for four years. We had a second opinion because I had no idea she had vision issues and the first doctor told us we didnt need to do anything for it besides wearing glasses. I wanted to make sure. I'm glad I researched and have actually helped alot of people realize that lazy eye is more than a need to wear glasses.
I'm not trying to scare you. I lurk on your blog often and enjoy reading it. I just wanted to caution you like I would my friends. I hope you have a great day!!
Amy in KY
First I just want to thank everyone for their understanding. I know it sounds silly worrying about it... but you just want the best for your children.
Amy, thank you so much for sharing the information. I had no idea. I will definately research it. I hope your daughter's vision is completely well one day soon.
God bless
Daleea
I think he looks SO great in his new glasses...and it looks like he loves 'em too. My nephew also wears glasses (has one lazy eye) and my sis went thru EXACTLY what you just described. it is a natural response for a loving momma.
He is VERY handsome!
Post a Comment