This is a story of God's sweet providence...
We kept in touch with the family. They always wanted to know how Nicholas was. He had been home with us for about two and a half years when they sent an email asking about Nicholas and if we ever thought about adopting another child. I replied and told them I think about my little girl in Russia or China all the time. But it would take an absolute miracle because we didn't have the money to adopt again. We were still trying to pay the debt from Nicholas' adoption. A few months later Jeremy walked into the bank where I was working. With trebling hands and tears in his eyes he held a Christmas card the family had sent us. He began to read a letter that had been enclosed. They told of how they knew that the burden on their hearts for the children, had been put there by God. How it had been a long healing process trying to understand God's plan in all of this with Nicholas and themselves. They went on to share that they finally understood. Seeing Nicholas with us... his Mommy and Daddy was why God had sent them on the journey to Russia. They were not meant to add to their family but to help others bring their children home who couldn't afford to do it on their own...
If we were ready... they would like to pay for our adoption to bring our daughter home...
There wasn't a dry eye in the bank. My co-workers were all crying and I was sobbing. I walked outside with my husband and was so afraid he wouldn't be ready but praise the Lord he was.
I knew my son was in Russia. With Hannah I didn't know if she was in Russia or in China but my husband said China. So our quest to find our daughter began... It was one of the most difficult year and half of my life. The emotional roller coaster of adoption can be overwhelming at times. Constantly I reminded myself that... This too shall pass. Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning. Stay the coarse. It became more difficult when I knew in my heart that my daughter had been born. When I knew that she was a tiny, helpless baby in an orphanage somewhere in China without her Mommy. When my heart broke and my arms ached to hold her, comfort her, love her and tell her what a miracle she was and how special she was. To care for her, nurture her, comfort her and make her giggle.
When we received her referral it was so incredible as her Daddy, big brother and I gathered around the computer to open the email that contained our baby girl's sweet face... She was so beautiful... we cried...



I remember calling my family. Telling my cousin who is more like my sister that she looks just like me. After I emailed the picture to her I called her back. "Doesn't she look just like me when I was a baby?" She sounded like she thought I had lost my mind... "DD, she looks like a little Chinese baby." I laughed and said, yes, but look at her hair. It's black but it looks just like mine did. Look at her facial expressions... she is moody like her Mama.
My Peep... she fit her nick name I had given her months ago... my little blue bird of happiness was my little baby bird.
My heart didn't recognize her like it did with Nicholas but I knew she was mine, and oh, how I loved her.
Waiting for the Travel Approval was almost as difficult as waiting for her referral. Finally the day came... we were off to China. I cannot begin to express the bond I feel with this enchanting land. It is the birthplace of my daughter. I love the people and the country. My heart aches for the adversities that so many of them face. I still grieve over not being able to experience more the two weeks we were there. I became quite sick with a sinus infection and my heart was torn between two continents as my son was in the U.S.. I pray someday I will return... I pray somehow, someway it will be to bring my other daughter home that I harbor only in my heart for now. But I feel her, and Jesus has blessed me with two miracles... He is able to bless me with three if it is His will... I long to take my daughter to walk on the ground of her birth place once again... to share with her it's beauty in it's people, it's culture, it's landscape... all of which is a part of her.
On September 5Th, 2006 one year ago today I held my daughter in my arms for the first time...
I saw her face as we walked into the room... There she was, in front of me... my daughter, the baby I had yearned to hold in my arms since I was a small girl... She was so tiny, she was so beautiful, she was so precious. There are no words to describe that moment in my life... As deeply as I loved her before that moment... when my eyes beheld her in person my heart must have grown 10 times trying to consume the love I felt for my daughter. It was overflowing... The love of a Mother for her child goes beyond human ability... it is a glimpse of God's agape love for His children...
A few moments later she was in my arms...
She was crying at first, it broke my heart because I didn't want her to be frightened. But she was holding on to me as I was holding on to her. We haven't let go... Our bond was immediate. She knew I was her Mama and that she is my heart.... my miracle... my daughter...
On our way flying to get my son I had asked the Lord why He chose to provide the means for us to adopt our son this way... why we weren't going to Russia to get him...
On September 5, 2006 I held His answer in my arms...
On September 5, 2006 I held His answer in my arms...
God's Sweet Providence...
I will spend eternity thanking this family for the gift of my children... without there kindness, and selflessness, their generosity we would not have our children home... They would not be with their Mommy and Daddy. One time during our adoption process I was talking to her on the phone... she said, "At the end of my life, what more could I have done with this money? There is nothing more important than the life of a child. It's only money."
Thank You Jesus for this loving family. Please bless them Lord... Please bless them...
41 comments:
Damn I knew I should have gotten a tissue before I started this post... wow. I'm speechless.
oh Daleea, you have just got to offer free tissues out to your readers!
Beautiful beautiful. Peeps is so precious. These people are so precious. What brave generous people. I pray their lives are blessed for following God's plan so obediently.
I love the picture of you and Hannah at the bottom. Love it. I love seeing how our Heavenly Father obviously created your family and thinks you are very very special. GOd Bless you and your beautiful family. Have a wonderful day with your precious children.
Beautiful - I can't stop crying. Enjoy your day with your two precious angels.
Happy Hannahversary! I knew this story and I was still crying. What a blessing the jewels of your heart are. What a blessing you are. You are the epitome of putting one's trust in God!
Have beautiful day my friend!
Kim
Daleea, I am so thankful for you and your stories. I now have a box of tissues next to the computer because I know I'm going to need it. Peeps is so adorable and I rejoice with you. Praises to the Lord!
In tears. Thank you Daleea for reminding me of why I'm hanging on.
The tears are flowing. Wow! What an amazing story. Just amazing!
Oh my, this made me cry! What a truly amazing story. I will pray that you will return to China, if it is God's will, to bring home Hannah and Nicholas' sister.
Hugs,
Lilly
Lovely post! You are truly blessed :)
Daleea,
I have a Hanniversary gift for Peep's little feet(hint hint--they are pink). E-mail me your address please:) Oh and go look at my Thankful Thursday. One of the things I am thankful for is knowing you and you shraing your story:)
Kim
Oh, Kim.... I just love you...
You're going to make me cry.
Thank you all so much for sharing this special, special day with us.
We are so blessed and you are such a blessing to me as well.
You are all precious and dear to me.
For everyone waiting to hold your babies in your arms... may God bless you with His peace in knowing that His timing is perfect and you are not waiting on the CCAA... you are waiting for YOUR daughter to be in the matching room with you... Jesus knows who she is and will have you in the matching room RIGHT ON TIME!
God's Speed...
Love,
Daleea
I am sobbing! We are struggling to pay to get our daughter home from China. I pray every morning and sometimes wonder if He gets tired of my begging. We have given up all extras to help us make the payment deadlines. I no longer get manicures, pedicures, eyebrow waxes, hair cuts or color. Still we struggle. I will continue to pray and trust his timing!!!
~Michelle
aka Raegan's mom!
That is incredible!!
Ok pass me the tissues.
Crying all over my keyboard...
Thank you for sharing.
Oh, this is the most beautiful story I have ever heard! Only our awesome God could have written a story of faith, obedience, love and hope so beautifully. Thank you for sharing. God is so good.
Daleea,
What a beautiful story...a testament of your faith and hope! You are truly blessed ....thanks so much for sharing!!
Michelle, I have been where you are... with our son and we wouldn't have our daughter either if it wasn't for the Lord.
He is faithful!
Hang in there.
So incredibly heart warming - pass the tissues, I need them again! You are killing me this week!Oh the people you will inspire and those who are waiting will read this and have hope and anticipation all over again. Those of us who have our babies home relate, oh how we relate. Your Hannah was the child God wanted to see in your arms - He is so good! Thank you, thank you for sharing - as much as your precious children have blessed your life, you have blessed all of us with your heart.
Heather
Once again, I am blown away by the absolute beauty of your story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Oh, and I look forward to seeing what else God has in store for your family...He has provided so miraculously already and it is obvious your heart and home have room for another.
Miraculous story ... so meant to be! I am overwhelmed with the power of grace as it moves through our lives. Thank you for sharing your beautfiul life ...
wow... thats really all i can say ... it is amazing what the journey of adoption can do to your life and how it changes who you are to the very core ..
Incredible. Thank you so much for sharing this. Beautifully written ...
Beautiful post... happy family day!
Your words.............wow. Good stuff. You have a beautiful family.
Daleea, I should know better than to start reading your post without a box of kleenex! What a beautiful heartfelt loving post. You are so very blessed. I know if there is a will you will add to your family. You have such faith. Much love. Rony
Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.
That beautiful picture of you holding your girl says every word of the heart with just a glance.
Wow. That's about all I can come up with (it's not often that I'm left speechless when I read a post!).
What beautiful adoption stories you have -- and what an amazing friendship you have here on earth with some very wonderful people. Absolutely amazing.
God bless you all (and happy anniversary!).
Thanks I needed to read this............God is faithful.
I love your story.
This was wonderful! I loved reading your story!
What a great post. That is just so amazing. I hope to one day be able to help others in the same way. Thanks for sharing your story.
What a wonderful post...
simply beautiful!
Wow, I have chills all over! God-bumps! I have enjoyed reading through your blog. Your story is amazing. We too were blessed by God's provision for our adoption. Thank you for sharing!
Laine Ferrill
finally commenting!
Daleea, you blow me away.
You really do.
Your picures, your heartfelt writing........wow.
Thank you for reminding me what the end result of this wait will be all about...........bless you.
Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am catching up on blogs.
God is so good! I love the photo of you and her on the bottom of the post. Reading your entry took me right back to our time in China.
What a sweet peep she is! This is an amazing story of faith and so beautifully written! Thanks for sharing it with us, it helps make the "hanging on" a little sweeter! :D
I LOVE the picture of you two together, you're overflowing with joy!
Beautiful!
crying.praying.praising God that He chose this awesome way to build your family..how truly blessed you all are - to have each other & to have your forever family..your jewels are both so beautiful!
Thank you for this beautiful post - it gives me new hope in my dreams of adpoting. My husband and I have been dreaming of adopting, but know that coming up with the finances will be nearly impossible, he is deployed to Iraq and we can't possibly come up with the money. You give me hope that if this is God's plan for us, as I feel in my heart that it is, then somehow it will happen. Thank you for giving me hope just when I was ready to give up. God sent me to your site just on the day I needed to read this. THank you.
That is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read in my life!! The generosity of God's children is just amazing!!!
Post a Comment