27 April 2008

You Make It Ok.....

Yesterday I turned 43... I was taking this one a little hard... feeling old, haggard, fat, the list goes on and on.... but my babies make it ok. I cannot imagine turning 43 without them.... I waited so long to hold them in my arms and I thank Jesus for my heart's desire.

(I love how Hannah's little cheek is gently pressed against mine and her tiny little hands so lovingly placed upon my hand and arm... oh, how she melts my heart.)


Daddy had a special day planned with the kids to celebrate, "Me."

Hilton Head Island of coarse.... our favorite stomping grounds.

It was a lovely day with lots of fun and lots of eating!

It wasn't quite warm enough to go swimming since Hannah and I have been sick but the kids still had a ball.


Waiting for the wave to come in......

Woohooooooo



You Make it Ok....


(You all are going to make me cry... I must be getting overly emotional in my "old" age... HA! I have always been overly emotional. lol

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all for your oh, so kind words, your support, and encouragement. It means more to me than you will ever know.

I so cherish the friendships that I have made through Bloggerville... what a blessing you are to me.)

p.s. Jeremy did take a few photos with Nicholas and I together for me as well... but I looked too ghastly in all of them and just couldn't bring myself to post them... Maybe one day for Christine's Weird Weds. posts... hehee

43 comments:

insanemommy said...

Well, if I may say there is nothing (I. Mean. Nothing.) haggard and old about you! I literally had goose bumps the minute I logged onto your blog today. What radiated off the pages was your sheer beauty embracing your precious chilren. There is something so real about you. Nothing ever phony. That my friend is what makes you so endearing to me. And, I love the "tat".....you and I are truly soul sisters. One of a kind. G-d how I heart you. You and Jeremy don't do anything half rate either. Hilton Head seriously rocks.

Much love Rony

Kayce said...

Happy Birthday!!! By the way...you are SO not 43! and you are so beautiful!!!

kerri said...

Happy birthday my dear sweet friend, your rockin' 43!!
I turn 43 next month.
I love the photos of you and Hannah, gorgeous!!
Nothin' old or haggard about you,not one little bit, wink!

p.s. I love your hair, stunning!!!!!

Shana said...

Happy Birthday, Daleea!!! I'm so glad you posted photos of you with your babies- you look beautiful!!! (and of course, they are the cutest!)

Enjoy your special beach time!

Birthday hugs,
Shana :)

kitchu said...

Happy Birthday, you look amazing!! And especially with that cutie in your arms :O) Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating YOU! Love the pics!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

happy bday sweet friend ... your beauty matches your amazing spirit ... those pictures are just amazing and will one day be so priceless to your sweet children ...the getaway sounds fabulous ...

i just bid on your tutu for the auction ... have a great week !!!

redmaryjanes said...

You goof! I was talking to you and you didn't tell me it was your Birthday??? Happy Birthday my friend.

Deb said...

Happy Bithday. You look wonderful.

Love the pictures, they truely helped me capture what you must be feeling, and it looks more than ok....

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. My first post must not have gone through. You are very beautiful..as are your children. I have heard that the forties are the best years, I will know this fall.

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy Birthday... You look MARVELOUS!!! Love the pictures... glad you had a great day!

Lisa

Jana said...

Happy Birthday!!! I turn the big 43 on Wednesday -- boo hoo. I love these photos. Actually, I love ALL your photos. Your blog is among my very favorites and sometimes you write just what I'm feeling. I hope this year brings you lots of love and laughter!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! You are a beautiful person inside and out. It looks like you had a GREAT time.

mommy24treasures said...

oh Dear Daleea
Many happy birthday wishes... I pray all of your desires... all of your wishes... all of your dreams come true. You are beautiful. Your hair is so lovely! You have perfect beach hair! ;)
Thank you for sharing these pics! Love them.
Love
Connie

Roy and Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!

Hope it was a good
one for you!

Shari said...

It's so nice to see beautiful face who designed my beautiful blog. Happy Birthday!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Happy Birthday Daleea!!! First of all your description of yourself couldn't be further from the truth. VERY beautiful photos of you and your daughter! You are truly blessed with beautiful children! Secondly...don't feel bad...I'm older than you. :(

Anonymous said...

Your are truly beautiful my friend. Inside and out......
Love you.

Colleen said...

What beautiful photos! Happy Birthday!!! You have so much to celebrate...you and your family are lovely!!
I have visited your auction blog and what a terrific idea this is. I plan to definitely return! The picture you are bidding on is gorgeous! They have some really sweet items.
Enjoy your week!

Paulette said...

Happy Birthday and what a great way to celebrate with your little Jewels. We have more in common I will turn 44 next week and have the same felling as you, B-days bring those feeling to the front of our mind but deep down we both know the beauty that is beneath.

Steffie B. said...

Happy Birthday you beautiful Mother you! ;) You radiate in these pictures..... ;)

Noemi said...

Happy be-lated Birthday! And I must agree with everything already said here! YOU are beautiful! I just love the pictures!

Have a great week...

Debbie said...

Heppy Happy Birthday to you! Daleea!!! You look awesome on the beach!! Not at all any of the adjectives you used!! I hope you have a super birthday week!!

Debbie

Lori said...

Wow Daleea, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a sweetie husband you have to plan such a special celebration of YOU! :)
These pictures are just beautiful~ you look gorgeous with your long auburn hair blowing in the wind (hehe) wanna trade hair?! I was cracking up and can relate to the old, haggard, fat thing~ but you are NONE of those and look absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you had a fun time together and were able to get some special pictures of your little jewels. What you wrote is just beautiful too~ it is all ok. :)
Happy Birthday!

Paula said...

You look beeeuutiful darling, I'm a LOT older than you. So, think of yourself as a spring chicken!
Love the pics, that little sailor outfit is too cute. If you ever sell some of Hannah's clothes, I'll be the first in line. Seriously she is the best dressed kid around.

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!! Those pictures are just gorgeous. I love the one of you kneeling down. So sweet!! You have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, B-day beautiful mama!

Lea

Denise C said...

Ok...I may be a little bit late...but I cannot let your b-day pass without wishing you all of God's sweetest blessings!!! I adore these pics of you and your sweet babies! Just beautiful!!! You are one amazing and inspiring person...and I am blessed to know you sweet friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love,Denise

Sonya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (late)

comingaroundagain said...

Happy Birthday (I'm coming up right behind you in Sept.)!!

These are such incredible photos - esp. the one with Hannah's cheek pressed into you!

You can hardly beat being at the ocean for your birthday!!

Nikki said...

Daleea, those pictures are absolutely wonderful...you and your girl are beautiful inside and out - and your love for each other is so obvious! I love it!!! And I would love to see the pics with you and your boy too - I'm sure they are great. (you are a true beauty)...
Glad you had a wonderful birthday with your family.

P.S. the pics of the kiddos together are SO great. frame 'em quick!

Love you - happy be-lated b-day!!!

Anonymous said...

Daleea,

You are gorgeous! Way too hard on yourself I am afraid. You and I are in the forty three club, and I have felt so OLD this year, like I never have!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to you - happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Daleea, Happy birthday to you - trust me, you did not want to hear it in person!!

Those pictures are magnificent - Daleea, not only are you a gorgeous, rocking, woman of God - your heart is as beautiful as that radiant red hair and absolutely perfect skin and face! Oh that I would look that good at 37!!

Hope you had a great day.

Your children are so stunning, it is hard to believe they keep getting more beautiful - love,love, love Peep's outfit and the picture with her face against yours - wow!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Love,
Heather

day by day said...

What a sweet post! Happy, happy birthday!!! The pictures are wonderful...so glad that you had such a special day and that you were able to celebrate your day with your precious Blessings!!

insanemommy said...

Hey, wanted you to know....I. Won't. Be. Outbid! Watch out...

April said...

Sorry this comment is so late. I wanted to post on my blog about it being your birthday, but well you know how last week was. Happy Birthday! I love the pictures...you are so beautiful inside and out.
xoxo, April

C's Mom said...

Happy belated birthday to beautiful you. You have the world's greatest gift in your lovely family.

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are very beautiful!!! I love, love, love your hair! I know how you feel though as I will be turning 45 in June...Ugh!

Happy Birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful! I love seeing you in those photos! Wish you were in more of them...and what is that tattoo? Can we see it? I LOVE your Hair...its so gorgeous! I hope your year is filled with JOY and many BLESSINGS!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for visiting our blog.... thank you for leaving such a sweet comment as well.
You also have some incredible photos.
Very beautiful.
By the way...... you are not old, haggard, or fat..... FAR from it...
You are beautiful!!!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday my beautiful friend. You look GORGEOUS in these pictures (and so do the kiddies:)

You are one of the kindest, most endearing persons I have ever met. MAny more happy birthdays to you. Have fun with Debbie and I hope we can see you guys in August...working on the detials now:)

Kim

Annette said...

Oh, happy belated b-day!!! What a wonderful way to spend your special day! The photos look beautiful... and as previously stated, you look great! I love Hannah's sailor outfit. Beautiful photos of both of your children together.

my3 kids said...

Happy 43rd Birthday....you really don't look your age. Love the pictures and both your kids are beautiful.

Annie said...

You obviously have so many blog friends that you don't need more...but I remember going through TRAUMA when I turned 23 - it was SO OLD! Now I am in my 50's - a happy adoptive mommy (second time around!) Yes; I feel fat and old and so forth, but happily the focus is on my children who love me because I love them....I am trying, in one sense, to be beautiful because of God's love shining through me... Not that I wouldn't love to lose a few pounds and have some new clothes...but... oh, well!

Anyway - 43 seems YOUNG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...