02 May 2009

A Wonderful Trip



We're home....................... we had a wonderful time and my family spoiled us rotten.
It was so wonderful to see them, to spend time with them. We did lots of fun things but my favorite part was just hanging out with them.
Nicholas was so excited to see them and Hannah got to know them for the first time.
My family had a ball with the kids too.
I miss them already....................

(I actually took very few pictures... not sure why.... just spent most of my time enjoying and visiting. And the only pics I got of any of my family was a few of my nephew Zachary. Some of them didn't want to take pics..... other times I just didn't have it out. Now I am sad of coarse that I didn't get pics of my precious family.)



My cousin and her husband took us to Knotts Berry Farm. It was a fun day filled with lots of laughter and thrills!
(I have turned into such a whimp when it comes to the rides!!!!! The most exciting attraction is when Joyce talked me into having the young man of 22 guess my age for a prize. She told me to carry Hannah when I went up so her age would throw him off. IT WORKED! hehee My arm shot up in the air and I woohooed in victory! He said 36 Baby! Since I turned 44 last Sunday that was so much better than the pink bear Hannah got for his being incorrect! lol



Zachary and Nicholas....... Could they be any more handsome???
I think not.



My cousin is like my sister. We grew up best pals. I loved watching tv with her and her husband Jeff at nights. We always have witty banter and at times crack up until we cry.


One Sat. Joyce took us to Disney on Ice................. it was as much fun for me to watch my children's faces in awe as it was the skating.... and I love skating.
When we got home I found Hannah bonding with her Auntie Joyce...... Now this is playing DRESS UP!!!!!! Hannah loves sparkly jewelry.





This story has an extra happy ending for me.......................
When I came in to see what all the oohing and awing was about I saw all of Auntie Joyce's oh, so lovely jewelry..... but the diamond ring caught my eye.... How could I not say aloud how beautiful it is. Joyce replied, "Do you want it?"
My response, "Yeah, right."
Well, she was serious!!!!!! She had just gotten a beautiful marquis cut ring and said she wouldn't wear this one any more because she would be wearing her new one. She was going to have earrings made out of it but instead she gave it to me and said Happy Birthday!
I can't believe I accepted it! But I have to tell you..... I LOVE IT! And it is oh, so lovely and makes me feel beautiful. hehee
Thank you Joyce!

Few more pics of our adventures coming soon.
Hope you are all well.
I have to say I have been reading blogs but not commenting. It takes so long on my computer and I am finding myself with less and less time these days. So, I will be cutting back even further on my blogging but will be checking in on everyone when I can.
God bless you and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

14 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

A diamond ring???!!!!! You were given a diamond ring???!!! WOW!!! Your handsome Nicholas looks a little older on this post. What sweet photos of Nicholas and Hannah! I'm happy you were able to visit your family but I'm even HAPPIER you are home!!! I missed you!!!

Love,
Robin

Doug and Terrye said...

So glad you accepted the gift...you wouldn't want to make her miss out on her blessing for having a giving heart! And I'm with Hannah...I love sparkly jewlrey ;)

Terrye in FL

Calico Sky said...

Oh Daleea I'm so glad you had a good time! You deserve it! How wonderful for the children to see another state & spend time with family!

mommy24treasures said...

thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I have missed your lovely words... Oh it is so good to see your precious Jewels. Little Peep is growing so! Look at those ponytails!
Love
Connie

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family. What a wonderful gift from your sister too!
Peep looks precious in all her bling!

~Lynn

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am so glad you had a relaxing and fun time ... we really need to catch up ... love ya sister !!!

Sarah's proud Mama said...

Welcome back! So glad you had a wonderful time!
Robin

Debbie said...

What great pictures and what a special gift!!! How special!

Glad you are back!!

Debbie

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time! I missed you while you were gone.
Wonderful things happen to wonderful people and your special ring is well deserved.

kerri said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time with family, the pictures are wonderful.
How special to have such a wonderful gift from your Aunt Joyce, some thing you'll cherish for a lifetime..

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your jewels with us as we begin the process of diggin' for ours.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

day by day said...

I am so glad that you had a nice time away! It is always nice to get away, but even nicer when you get to spend it with family you don't often get to see!

Ohilda said...

I love the pictures! The kids are so cute.

Also Daleea, you certainly don't need a diamond ring to make you look beautiful!! You sparkle plenty, girl. But it's always nice to have...heh!

Hugs,

Ohilda

insanemommy said...

Daleea! I was just wondering WHICH ring - they were all lovely! Lucky you for having such a wonderful family. I can't get over how big your children have gotten. Hannah is no longer a baby. She is growing up so fast. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...