06 August 2010

I am humbled...

7/22/10
I am humbled... There is so much that has happened that I want to journal- but we just returned from Lurin and I must attempt to put into words what my eyes have seen and what is in my heart.
Lima has not been what I expected- it has many nice homes and fancy cars, along with  poverty.  Today Pastor Javier came for us, to take us to his church Calvary Chapel Vida in Lurin... As we drove out of Lima, I began to see Peru...  I began to see the third wolrd conditions many of it's people live in... I am humbled...


 

When we were driving, Aida shared with Javier that the Lord is calling our family into the mission field.  He said the Lord was calling him out of Lurin and to the North- so there will be an opening in Lurin.  It felt like it was an invitation from the Lord.
As we entered the town filled with make shift homes with dirt floors and a roof of cloth, cardboard, perhaps a piece of tin, we drove down the dirt road... The building Jesus has provided for His ministry is very nice. 

Pastor Javier shared with us that the organization in the U.S. that  had been supplying the money to the church to feed the children (more than 69 of them a day) was no longer going to be sending money because he refused to allow them to dictate how to run the church in Lurin.  He took a stand for Jesus and as of now they are no longer able to feed the children in the town that are in dire need.
 (Pastor Javier)
As we were talking and praying- He opened his Bible and shared Isaiah 58:10-12!  I think the Lord was telling us Lurin is where He will call us... I am struggling... so much to share.... Karina, the children, William... Oh, Lord, bless the peoples of Lurin... bless Javier, provide for the children and lead us into Your perfect will.  Where do you want us Lord?  Please give us the strength to say, "yes."  Thank You for the hearts of the people's of Lurin....


 After the ladies at Pastor Javier's church had made us a beautiful, bountiful lunch we went for a walk to visit some families.  First we went to Karina's home.  She is Javier's kitchen administrator.  She shared her testimony with us and God was glorified.  Then we prayed for her and it was beautiful.

 (Katrina's home- she was so excited that we wanted to come into her home)

Her home had a make shift roof- tin, cardboard, old boards.  The floor was rough concrete.  She welcomed us in and beamed when I told her how pretty her table and chairs were and when on of the men complimented her on the wall that had been used as a chalkboard to teach her son algebra.  Bless them Lord Jesus!

(this is a pic of Katrina's ceiling/roof... her home was  more soundly built and not as dire as many others)

Our day in Lurin will take more than one post... I am still trying to process all that we experienced and the Lord's will regarding our family and Lurin... I only know that the people we met are with me in my heart and each night as I lie down to go to sleep, I see the faces of the little children that broke my heart that day with their sweetness and their need...

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my friend....I know EXACTLY what you mean...we see this here all the time and it is so heartbreaking. We have so much, even in our most desperate financial times in our life we still had 100 times more than what these people have. There is a woman who sells banana bread in our neighborhood...every day....every week....even in the rainy season. She has no husband, he left her long ago with five small children and she lives in a home similar to this one. This is the only person here we give money to because I know she wants her children to eat. She never ever asks for money...only makes bread and sells it...she is always clean and wears a big smile. It is people like this that I desire to share my life with....I am so thankful you had such a wonderful trip my sweet friend. Sometimes it is so painful when God opens our eyes isn't it? XXXOOO

The Ferrill's said...

I am praying for you, I know you will know just where the Lord wants you. And one thing for sure, I know you will obey!
Bless you and your love for the "least of these".

redmaryjanes said...

OH Daleea my friend. I think the Lord is talking to your heart and He has wonderful plans for you.
You are the perfect woman to help these people.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Sweet friend...who loves the lord and wants to bring others to Him...

These pics are so humbling. We live in castles compared to the way they live....and still they smile.

We want new carpet...they have no carpet. We want to paint our walls...their ceiling is made of cardboard. Our children beg for more electronics...their children beg to eat.

While your mission is to teach them of Jesus...they have so much to teach us.

I will be praying that God leads you where He wants you to be. I know that wherever that might be...the people around you will be blessed by you and by knowing Him.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful journey of obedience to Him!

Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...