Group 1 Crew "Walking On the Stars"
On our way to and from the hospital, to drive the 2 miles to the hotel or to get something to eat... sometimes, when we were really down, we would crank the volume and sing at the top of our lungs this song.... it was a "happy place" for us.
There is a part in it when he starts to wrap and we made up our own words to it.
A little background on our state of mind and body- none of us had an appetite and we had to make ourselves eat. Nick could not understand why he was not hungry and it worried him even though I tried to explain that it was normal under the circumstances. In addition to all that was going on, I had two bulging discs in my back, which caused a pinched nerve or nerves that went from my hip, down the front of my right leg and I was in so much pain I could hardly walk or stand. At one point, before I knew what was wrong, the pain was so bad I went to the emergency room. (the doctor mis-diagnosed me with a pulled muscle)
Soooooo back to the lyrics of our wrap... When he starts talking about taking a rainbow up to the fifth floor... it is just so happy... I thought about what our fifth floor would be and this is it....
"We're taking a rainbow up to the 5th floor, where Daddy's not hurt and Mama's not sore.
Nicholas is hungry and asking for more.
Hannah and Isabella are skipping through the front door."
It probably sounds silly but it brought so much hope and comfort to the kids and I..... we would sing/wrap/ yell those words out with all our hearts and for a few moments we were in a happy place where we knew that Jesus was leading our family and would one day bring us.....
Today, the kids and I went to the grocery store... I put the song in and we sang it! We sang at the top of our lungs! Little Izzy girl was in her car seat just a singing and dancing away with the rest of us.... and when we got to the part of our rap..... I could not help but to get tears in my eyes as my heart overflowed with gratitude at what the Lord has done..... He has brought us to the 5th floor.....
THANK YOU JESUS!
I haven't really shared how Jeremy has been doing..... The Lord has healed him in miraculous ways and is continuing to heal him.... we are oh, so thankful and oh, so blessed! He is still in a lot of pain, he tires very easily, and some days are very difficult for him.... but he has come so far and I stand amazed at what God has done! Thank you to each of you who has lifted our family in prayer.... for praying for my hubby, for praying for me, for praying for our Isabella, our Nick and our Hannah.... You have been part of our rainbow up to the 5th floor and I pray the Lord blesses you as He has blessed us.
(you need to scroll to the bottom and pause my playlist so you can hear it if you want to enjoy this song too!)
8 comments:
You know I can picture you singing this...because I have heard your beautiful voice in person singing summertime to Kate:) What a lovely song and how lovely it came true.
I loved reading this post - hope is such a powerful force . . . and desire fulfilled is the tree of life!!! Thanking God for what He has done in your family!!
xo ellie
Glory be to God our Father for He brought you through the darkness and into the light!
I am thrilled beyond words that your precious Izzy is home in your arms!
And you DO have a beautiful voice!
Love you so!
Hi Daleea,
I have only recently started following your story. What a blessing it has been. What an awesome God we have, and what great things He has done through you!
Oh my friend, I have never had the pleasure of hearing your singing voice or your speaking voice :( BUT I can just imagine you singing and dancing in the car.....your faith is so amazing and I love you so much!!! What a year you guys have had...I am praying for work for Jeremy and just like with Isabella's adoption...I KNOW He will provide:) Love you bigger than a skyscwaper (as Lottie would say:)
Hi sweet Daleea!
Praying for all of you, I only recently went on your old posts and read the story of what happened to Jeremy, all of you. God is so good, he will restore all!
Love to you and your beautiful family
elisabeth
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this!!
Thank you for sharing Daleea!!
Love and hugs
Jules
xxx
Post a Comment