Six months ago today I waited anxiously in a hotel room in Jinan City, China to meet my precious daughter for the first time. There was a knock on the door, my heart leaped! I opened the door to see MY Isabella Faith cowering behind my guide... so tiny, so scared, so vulnerable.
I didn't want to frighten her more so I tried to take it slow... to give her her space... to talk softly to her, trying to assure her that it was ok. The guide said something to her and led her by the hand into the room. I had asked him the day before if he would video tape our first time together and take pictures since I was alone. This was not to be... he was in a hurry. We sat on the couch as he rifled through paper after paper instructing me to sign here. Quickly! Very important that he return these papers immediately. He told Isabella I was her mama, pushed her toward me and was gone.
The fear that gripped my beloved daughter was staggering... She went into a panic and screamed, sobbed, kicked and thrashed about as I held her in my arms, whispering to her that I loved her in Chinese and made my feeble attempt to let her know that she was safe now. After what seemed like hours she cried herself to sleep...
(the pic above was from the first time I held her in my arms. I took my camera with one hand and took the pic, hoping I got some of us in it)
Jesus has healed my little Pearl in miraculous ways since that day... She was so afraid to trust me at first. After a while she would let her guard down and then let me love on her and play with her. Each morning we would do this again... taking a few hours to gain her trust. She would hold on to me for dear life every time we left the hotel room. I had to carry her where ever we went as she held my neck in a vice grip. But God is faithful and He has replaced fear and anguish with love, hope, peace, and a sense of adventure.
We are in awe and overflowing with joy and thankfulness to our Lord that He has healed our daughter! It is nothing short of God speaking His healing word upon her. Thank You Jesus for taking away the pain our little one kept inside her and washing it away with love...His love and ours... we are oh, so thankful for how Jesus has helped her. When she first came home she had no control over her emotions. She was in survival mode and she was either all the way up or all the way down. The slightest thing would trigger a rage or a screaming tantrum with her banging her little head and feet on the floor. She still has a tantrum from time to time but they are mild compared to before.
She is smart and funny, oh, so witty! She is a little comedian and I love that when she is being funny, she is doing it to entertain you, not to get attention but because she wants to make you laugh and be happy. It is just too sweet.
She is so polite, when you ask her if she wants something she says, "Yesh, peas." (yes, please).
She is my adventure baby! This mama better be on my toes because if one of our kids will do it, it will be Bella!
She will put the sit-n-spin on the coffee table, climb up, sit and spin!
She puts her little princess chair on the recliner, sits in it and rocks. She climbs up the diaper changing table to get to the top of the dresser. (I would just like to offer this disclaimer- yes, I really do watch my kids!!! But the second you take your eyes of her... the adventure begins!)
She is my water baby. I can't keep her out of the water! I am very thankful that as of yet she has not played in the toilet water but that is the only water I can keep her out of!
She is a little fashionista. Much to her sisters dismay she loves to wear her big sisters clothes and shoes! She changes her clothes 3-5 times a day.... uggggg
She loves to sing and dance. When she sings she sings with such heart and passion.... she will scrunch up her little nose, throw her arms open wide and shake her head back and forth as she sings a slow, heartfelt song that sounds like she is singing in mandarin. When Nick was little and also with Hannah I would sing them a song as they tried to fall asleep... nope.... can't do that with my Bella. Hannah will be in her bed all sleepy, I will be rocking Bella in my arms and I start to sing a soft song of worship to Jesus and she will wiggle until I put her down, grab a toy microphone and tambourine and start having praise fest 2011!!! My baby can sing and dance!!! ESPECIALLY at bed time! Of coarse Peep and I must join in so we grab a morraca and march single file into the living room, singing and dancing, playing our loud instruments and Daddy wisely comments how this will really help them get to sleep! Needless to say, Hannah doesn't get mama to sing to her at bed time very often anymore. heehee
She is my little cuddle baby. Isabella has grown so much since she has been home. But she still is able to nestle her little head into my neck as I hold her.... we just melt together and it is oh, so sweet...
I am blessed among the blessed. Thank You Jesus for Your faithfulness and the miracle of my Isabella Faith...
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
Thank you again for being a part of her life story..... I pray for God to bless each one of you that helped pray our daughter home, and those who donated to help her to be Orphaned NO More... Thank you....



10 comments:
Daleea,
She is priceless and so full of spunk!! I love it. She is also a beauty and a lovely girl.
So glad God has brought you together as forever family!! HE is almighty and his gifts are forever flowing.
Hugs,
Jody
Oh so very beautiful.....what a precious child!!!
Oh so sweet. I remember the day you got Isabella. I remember the day in the ocean when you told me about your hopes to adopt again:) So happy to see your dreams come true. Happy 6 months.
Happy Six Month Anniversary! She is such a beautiful ray of sunshine :) I would expect nothing less than for her to be such a gift of love and laughter...That's why the Lord picked her out just for you!
Oh dear......your Bella is my Lottie:) She is super adventurous and when she was Isabella's age she would change her clothes ALl. DAY. LONG, I eventually would just fold them back up and put them back in the drawers instead of washing the mounds of laundry! ha! She has come so far and just like sweet Liliane...God has poured His grace over these precious girls:) I love you my sweet friend
God is good! I love hearing your joy through your stories:)
Love, Rachelle
Daleea,
It isnt crazy how much time and the Love of a family can do for one small child! Our God is so good! I am so happy for you and your family! She is just precious!!!! Much love to you,
Tracy
happy 6 months! your girls are adorable!!! angie
http://livinglifewithaprincess.blogspot.com/2011/08/would-you-like-i-pad-2-16gb.html
Daleea I am amazed how much she has changed. Her whole little face has opened from your love. Well done!! You have been faithful and the trials have been big!
I love the last photo that show her and Hannah having such a great time together.
Miss you
Love Jules
xxxx
I remember this and yet again the beauty brought big giant tears to my eyes......
Lots of love,Kristy
Post a Comment